The international conference Communication and Information Sciences in a Network Society: Experience and Insights IV will take place on 14–15 June 2018.
Organiser: Faculty of Communication of Vilnius University.
The international organisational committee emphasises that the aim of the conference is to discuss the problematics of current research in the field of communication and information as well as topics that are relevant to the said fields of research.
The topics should be relevant and significant to researchers, lecturers and students of the field, reveal the authentic experience of researchers and shine a spotlight on possibilities for disseminating the results of social and cultural research. Thus, the organisers suggest selecting a theme from the list of conference themes that most resembles the presenter’s chosen topic.
The key words of the conference are the following: network – innovation – message – news – communication – society.
Conference tradition: to continue the discussion on modern communication from various vantage points – from heritage to political communication, from knowledge management to performativity. What aspect of communication and information science research is most pertinent today? We invite readers to share the experience and insight they have gained through their research.
The conference organisers also encourage presenters to speak on topics that gain more significance as we approach the 100-year anniversary of the restoration of Lithuanian independence (16/02/1918) and the independence of the Baltic states.
In view of current developments within the science of communication and information, the organisational committee invites readers to submit presentations on the following topics:
- A COMPARATIVE LOOK AT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FIELDS OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SERVICES IN THE FIELDS OF CULTURE, HERITAGE AND SCIENCE
- THE ORGANISATION OF LIBRARY ACTIVITY AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- ANTHROPOLOGY OF DOCUMENT MEDIA
- MEDIA AND PUBLISHING
- CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
- INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- JOURNALISM AND POLITICAL COMMUNICATION
Professionals with experience in a relevant field will be able to participate in certain topical discussion.
Conference languages: English and Lithuanian. Presentations should take up to 20 minutes, with a 10-minute Q&A session and discussion afterwards.
The organisers of the conference would also like to note that articles prepared based on the presentations will be published in Vilnius University’s scholarly journals Informacijos mokslai (Information Science), Knygotyra (Bibliography) and Žurnalistikos tyrimai/Journalism Research.
- 04 December 2017: submission of presentation titles and summaries.
- 28 February 2018: evaluation and selection of presentations.
- 01 April 2018: registration of presenters.
- 28 May 2018: registration of participants.
The organisational committee plans to announce the conference programme by the end of April 2018.
More information about the conference and registration forms for participants as well as presenters can be found online: www.conference.kf.vu.lt
- When registering up to 31/01/2018 – EUR 50.
- When registering after 01/02/2018 – EUR 65.
- The conference fee is waived for the employees and Ph.D. students of the VU FC.
* The conference fee covers lunch, coffee breaks, 1 dinner or entertainment event.
Information can also be provided by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chairman of the organisational committee,
Professor Andrius Vaišnys