In June, 2011 Vilnius University Faculty of Communication organized an international scientific conference “Communication and Information Sciences network society: experiences and insights.” The event was dedicated to the 20th year anniversary of Vilnius University’s school of Communication and information sciences.
At the conference both Lithuanian and foreign speakers – communication and information scientists, experts from Sweden, Germany, Holland, Latvia, Poland, America, Croatia, Italy, France, Slovenia and other countries, shared their experience, knowledge and insights.
Discussions were held in six sections:
- Book and Documentation Sciences and Studies: Genesis and the Present;
- Expressions of Information and Communication Theory and Practice;
- Library and Information Science: Tradition and Modernity;
- Mass Communication: Contexts of Essential Changes and Challenges of the Social Networking
- Museum Science: Practice, Science and Worldview Method;
- Research of Civil and Political Communication.
Photos from International conference year 2011:
The relevance of discussed topics, new questions, fast development of communication and information encouraged the organizers to hold the sequel conference “Communication and information sciences in network society: experiences and insights: II” in 2014 and third part “Communication and information sciences in network society: experiences and insights: III” in 2016.
Main topics in 2014:
- Baltic Media Studies.
- Changing media in conditions of convergence.
- Change, impact and application of information and communication technologies.
- Communication: theory and practice.
- Evolution of memory institutions and activities in digital culture.
- Information about and communication of culture in the cultural industries.
- Information and knowledge management.
- Information services within the public sector.
- Interaction of Media, Policy and Economics.
- International networking and visual media.
- Management of documents and archives.
- Museology in the context of new public cultural communication forms.
- The role and functions of social media in modern society.
Photos from International conference year 2014:
Photos from International conference year 2016: